HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - young age hunters
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 05:37 AM
wis_bow_huntr
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: young age hunters

Because some older hunters are stuck in ways that are just rediculous. I have found some older hunters that have been hunting 10-15 years that arent as knowladged as some of the younger hunters on this site. It amazes mehow most of us here, old and new, really put in the time and effort to learn and teach the art of hunting. Take for example: Yesterday after work I was in the archery section of Fleet Farm when a older gentleman and his teen aged son approached me and started asking me questions on stands. I gave them my honest answers to the best of my ability and tried not to tell them anything I wasnt sure of. I gave them some tips on how and where they should hang the stands during each phase of the season and told them in my honest opinion that the stand they were looking at had some pretty good reviews and was rated a good stand for the money and I was strongly thinking of purchasing the same stand to replace one of my older stands. The stand being the Big Dog Bull Dog stand. He then got to asking me some questions on ladder stands I told him if your on budget and want a good reliable, sturdy,easy touse and set up stand, the Rivers EdgeLadderstands are a way to go. Ive owned one for a few years and love it. I would have loved to stayed and chatted more with them and welcome them to the wonderful world of hunting but I had to getgoing as the wife was calling me on my cell lol.Should have left the phoen in the car.

I have been hunting for the past 17 years and theres still much more to learn and much more to teach. In my honest opinion, thebest way to learn is to get out there among other hunters in andout of your area and meet some of them andask questions,the only dumb question, is the one never asked. Any good, respectful hunter will take the time to sit and talk with you.Those who think they know it all.....look in their freezers, how much meat is in them, probably not much, they ae the ones that need the learning.