HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ok how fast are your bows shooting
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 05:36 AM
iamyourhuckleberry
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ok how fast are your bows shooting

I shot the X-force several weeks ago...my curiousity got the best of me. Folks, this bow is the real deal! I shot a 29 inch arrow from a bare bow set at 64 lbs. I was producing 1-1/2 inch four arrow groups at twenty yards. I cannot image what this bow would do completely set up. Yeah, actually I can...PSE recently won the national team championship and three of the four shooter were shooting the X-force (beat the rest of the feild by 19 points). The bow pushed a 385 grain arrow through the chrony at 304 fps.
All this crap about the bow being brutal...well, just that-CRAP! Again, this bow is the real deal!

My current hunting rig shoots a 29 inch, 415 grain arrow, at 292 fps and is set at 78lbs. Plenty fast enough you say. Not to me! I watched in disbief as an axis doe trotted away unscathed. My broadside shot from a mere twenty yards did not get there in time to kill this speedy animal (yeah, she knew I was there). The shot was otherwise perfect. I've hunted enough and have seen enough to know, beyond a shadow of doubt, that speed kills-period! It also translates into kenetic energy (the square of the velocity). I'll take fast over slow any day of the week, especially if it's as accurate as it appears to be.

I am in the process of purchasing an X-Force for future African safaris (my main objective is to set up a big five rig). I have orderedthe X-force with 80 lb. limbs. Can you imagine? Has anyone recently read the article about the Texas girl killing an elephant with an 83 lb X-force? That's what I'm talking about! I use to think 100+ pounds or more of draw weight were required. Not the case with the X-force.

IMO, I think the young man that started this thread is very pround of his new bow!