HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing
Old 08-17-2007, 02:54 AM
DrchaosMD

Default RE: Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing

ORIGINAL: iamdeathtodeer

Hey chaos, I'm hoping to build an over-under based on the kel-tec su-16, w/ the guns 'gas tube' as the chamber. I can get 9000 psi rated parts, so what do you think about heating pre-compressed 400 psi or so gas to increase pressure? Yeah I'm gonna need high temp o-rings but a propane torch should get pressure to at least 3000, right? Or I'll use co2, that has even greater heat expansion capabilities.
not the best of ideas, just make your parts/valse efficient so they work well and this will more than surfice for whatever you plan on doin.

heating gas is a very dangerous proceedure in which i would never do myselfbut if you do be f**king carfull.
800psi is more than enough to break 344m/s mark, but not typicly the sound barrier, heat must be generated to do that.

really these questions should be asked on spudfiles not here i do not hold all the answers and with people like JacksSmirkinRevenge on there your answers would come through.

getting Co2 or HPa soon, also cast a few more lead balls today, should hope for a good hunt next weekend.

I'm gonna pressure test the whole thing to 10,000 with hydraulic oil first, though.