HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ok how fast are your bows shooting
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 01:42 AM
pyclub1
Fork Horn

Default RE: ok how fast are your bows shooting

I dont believe the 329 fps... I have a new vectrix, 80 pounds with a 28.5 inch draw and shooting the 3-49/390ACC superlite arrows and am shooting 294 fps.. I know the 300 fps bows are out their I have seen them shot through the cronograph, but, as a bowshooter and hunter whenyour bow isset up for bowhunting it is really hard to break that 300 fps mark.. Especially if you have the things on your bow that you will have when the time comes that you are in the tree.. I am not saying they are not out their, because they are.. I have seen too many guys talk about their bows that shoot 330 fps and when it is nutcuttin time they shoot through the crony and all of a sudden it's, well they advertise that the bow shoots 330 fps, yes that is in their studios, no wind no nothing and maxed out with the lightest heads, arrows and crap... Where I am from accuracy is more important than speed, I know in the west and southwest you do need to deal with deer jumping the string, here if you are shooting a ethical distance, no deer should be able to do that...