HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Primos The Original Can Deer Call
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 10:50 PM
zubba
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Primos The Original Can Deer Call

I think all their can calls work pretty good. I just think you can over do it
That is exactly right. Their calls are great and work well (most of the time). I have called in many of bucks with 'the can' call. But yes, you can over do it. Remember, because youcall more does't make them want to come in more. Too much calling will make a mature buck go away simply because hehas been aroundand knows that calling isn'tnatural. My tip to you is....once you have turned a cruising buck around by 'the can', then put it in your pocket. Maybe throw in agrunt or twobut that is it. If the buck is coming in (even slowly), he very easily could continue comingin (even slowly). The only time I would recommend hitting'the can' again is if the buck looses interest and turns back around....then in desperation, try the call again. If he don't turn around...he probably isn't going to. This is when it would be ideal to have a doe decoy....especially when hunting inan open area. If a buck hears a bleat, but doesn't see a deer, then he will catch on. If you are hunting in a brushy or thick area, that my be enough to keep the buck curious and coming. Bottom line: most times during the rut, if you get a buck comingin to a estrous bleat andyou're using a doe decoy, then you changes of getting a shot at the buck is pretty good.(of course many thing could alter the outcome). Good Luck