HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2- Team Freezer Fillers official smack shack
Old 08-15-2007, 08:45 PM
mobow

Default RE: 2- Official Team 2 Thread

Dana, as you no doubt know, I've not killed an antlered buck w/ archery tackle, so I'm not going to be incredibly picky.

The week of July 4 I went to the woods to check my trail camera. Under one of my tree stands I jumped a monster. He was pushing 150" w/ a 6" drop off his left beam, and he still had a few weeks to grow. I grabbed my camera and got the hell outta dodge, and haven't set foot in the woods since.

That told me I've been hunting the right places, but my approach has been wrong. So I scoured my maps (this is a farm I've been hunting for YEARS) to better determine my entry and exit routes, as this is exactly what's been getting me busted. I've got that all worked out, and if the wind is right on Sept. 15 I'm gonna slip in that afternoon and get to work. I will hunt that spot probably 2.....MAYBE 3 days with the right wind, then I'm out till late October, early November. That's my game plan, anyway....

But, even though I know that guy is walking around back there, I'm whackin the first decent 8 point that's in range. I can shoot 3 bucks here in MO, and I just really need to get one under my belt.