HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing
Old 08-14-2007, 06:31 AM
iamdeathtodeer

Default RE: Home Made Airgun for small game, birds and fishing

Ohhhhhhh f*ck.............I typed that on my PSP I meant 500 fps for the damn darts......**** now I'm gonna change it. 700 is out of paper towel wadding and airsoft bbs. 450ish for marblesand 400 with lead sinker(but it's about the same weight as the marble b/c it doesn't fit in the barrel and I use wadding to stop blow-by). I use a bike pump. I should start a new thread for my gun, yeah, and put it on spudfiles but I need batteries for the cheap camera. Oh yay I'm in FL and there's a hurricane coming!! I'm happy cause now I can get my Dad to pay for the batteries by calling them 'supplies' and it's a pretty small one just hope it dosnt go Wilma on us and destroy all the huntable land and get WMA's shut down.

Anyway like I said my air source is a bike pump. I have a ball valve that separates 1/9th of thechamber so it only fires that and slowly leaks in from one side for like 6 shots same power(as each other) and like 4 more that are weaker. Not quite semi cause I have to load by hand and it takes almost 15 seconds for it to equalize(the pressure in the tank and in the actual chamber). Strangely enough that mini-chamber that lets me get so many shots off w/ a 1/2:1 C:B ratio(yes you read right ...............unless you didnt) only drops velocity by about 50 fps. But if I'm in my room and want to nail a squirrel I use the whole tank b/c hey, it won't stick around if I miss, right? Try putting a cone on the end of your bolt(glued right to the nock) like ona blowgun dart and as you muzzleload it, twisting the bolt so the vanes all face in one direction(well by direction I meant clockwise or wounter-clockwise) it works like rifling when its shot, just amazing accuracy. You said you used a modified track pump, how did you modify it? Like I said before I want my first post to be one of my new guns(well theyre not built yet hmmmm....) so thats why I'm not going to the great files of spud. And no, it is not my chrono it is my local Bass Pro Shops's.

Nice roo, but you know there are animal rights activists that will use this to purport that hunters are lawless cause even I thought you didnt have a license until you outrightsaid you did....kinda vague for a while Chaos. Have you ever tried fitting mechanical broadheads onto your bolts? I dont have anything bigger than a squirrel to shoot right now so I just use field tips(plusourguns areshooting faster than Stryker Crossbows, broadheads might cut so cleanly that they pass through withouttransferring much energy). Hold on....I'm bout 120 fpe with the darts(200-grain).....**** I need to stop shooting in my room. Assuming a 57-grain marble you're at 86 fpe but a 300-grain bolt puts you at about(assuming 600 fps) 266 fpe...**** that's powerful!!!