HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reduction of out-of-state fees
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 08:07 PM
spudrow
Typical Buck

Default RE: Reduction of out-of-state fees

Well I read all the comments and I must admit most all arevalid. I know for a fact that the ranchers and farmers out west are not receiving a truely fair share of the cost of the tags. When I first came out west, WY, to hunt in the 80's the tag cost me $100. The land owner received $11 dollars. Now the cost is $500 and the land owner doesn'tget fair prorationing.Doesn'tthat tell you what it's all about? $$$Then thereare 2little programs called HRP and CRP. Which to me is a crock.However I believethat the cost of NR tags should be more reasonable. I also think NR hunters are beingover charged to hunt out in the western states. No one likes to get over charged. Most of us are correct in stating that 1.It's all about the money. 2. Government, (feds), should stay out. 3. Something should be done to please the majority.
Luckily I can afford to hunt out west but I still don't want to be gouged, do you? Don't you want to be charged a fair price for a fair deal? I do.
Until we as out of staters stand up for this it won't get any better. I don't have the answer but would like to hear any and allideas.

Spudrow from Mo.