HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reduction of out-of-state fees
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Virginia Mike
Fork Horn

Default RE: Reduction of out-of-state fees

Hold on Wyote, why don't I have to buy a $500 tag and get in a drawing for YOUR fish. You just said your state owns the game but I can fish for free. How about you take your states game off of our taxpayers land or maybe you guys could pay the taxpayers for the food and water that your animals have been eating. This is absurd, the higher rates are just going into the state coffers and it is a big money making business plain and simple. If the states actually NEEDED the money to maintain the Animals that you say the state owns, they would just raise your taxes. You say that if I draw a License, hunting on the land is free. You forgot that I have to pay the state for an Non-Res license that is 20 times higher than the state resident who, by the way, has a 90% better chance than me to draw a license. And NO, I don't hear any WY residents screaming to pay less to hunt on Federal Land. You already pay less than everybody else to hunt on Federal Land in your state. This will never be solved because it is all about the $, not what is right and fair. I have to go, a guy from WV just shot a squirrel that lives in VA and we own it. I need to charge him $1000.