HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reduction of out-of-state fees
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Virginia Mike
Fork Horn

Default RE: Reduction of out-of-state fees

TN, for $120 in VA you can purchase a NonRes Sportsman's license and that includes Rifle, Muzzle loader, Archery, Crossbow, big game, small game and a fishing license. You can shoot and reel until you need a chiropractor for $120. And as for no Fed Land in the east, VA has over 2.5 million acres of National Forests called the George Washington NF and the Thomas Jefferson National Forest. The western states are not protecting anything except their budgets. They are gouging out of stater's and it goes up every year. I guarantee you that it would be a different story on here if the Feds didn't let hunting on the BLM and other Fed. Land out west. I agree that I don't want the Feds getting involved with hunting, but it just is not fair that I pay taxes to maintain and operate Fed land and parks, but I pay 20 times more than a person that lives in that state. How about VA, MD and DC start charging everyone from out west $500 to visit all of the Fed. Monuments and parks here in our area? What would all of the tourists say? NOT FAIR, I pay for those! That is what they would say. Just make this a little more fair. Don't ask for $755 for an Elk tag for Non-Res and $50 for a Resident.