HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - THE WINNERS (Team 13)
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 02:13 PM
mcouey
Fork Horn

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

I live in Southern Middle Tennessee. I've been hunting deer for 3 years now, this will be my second season with a bow. I haven't killed a single buck with my bow yet. Last year I started to draw on an 8 point, but decided to let him walk. It was obvious that he wasn't mature yet. I hope he made it, because he should be a good one this year.

I hunted my first year with a gun, and enjoyed it. But truthfully it really wasn't a challenge. After I killed my first buck (1.5 year 4 point, lets call it beginners ignorance) I really lost the taste for gun hunting. I found that I got a much bigger thrill from does being close than I did making taht 300 yd shot. So I took up bow hunting, and I'm completely hooked. I get a thrill being that close to critters. I killed a pile of does last year, I'm a big believer in donating to Hunters for the hungry, the Downtown rescue mission, and some folks from my church. The limit on does here is 3 per day, all season long, I'm trying to do what I can to bring some balance to the herd.

I learned a ton last year, every doe taught me something and I've gotten really good with hunting the wind and scent control. I just need the right buck to show up. I look forward to learning from my teammates and doing my part to help us do well.