HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reduction of out-of-state fees
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 11:54 AM
omarrh
Spike

Default RE: Reduction of out-of-state fees

As a teacher and a Florida hunter new to the sport I am glad about the timing of this proposed legislation. I don't see it as Federal interference with the state's control on hunting. I see it as the government giving back to the americans a benefit that they should have had in the first place. Federal dollars collected from all of our taxes are used to maintain these lands therefore access to these lands should be the same for any taxpayer regardless of their state of residence.

If the government was trying to interfere with hunting on state or private land I would have a problem; but this is not the case in this proposal.

As far as having an influx of out-of-state hunters, this may or may not happen since the licences are not the only financial factors to consider when planning a hunt. If a statedoes havean influx, think about the financial benefits to the small businesses surrounding the forrest areas. Hunters have to eat, sleep, use gas, etc. The money is better spentby consumers supporting the local communitiesthan on a trumped-up state licenses which often end up misused.

Just my 2ยข.