HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HOW YOUNG IS TOO YOUNG
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 10:52 AM
gselkhunter
Typical Buck

Default RE: HOW YOUNG IS TOO YOUNG

I did, Keaton was in the pack behind me. He saw dogs on point, birds flush, me shoot them or missand birds retrieved. I carried he until he was 4 and got to big to carry. And incase your ready to give me crap about his ears, they make ear protection for little kids. See the point is, it was us hunting together, not about me hunting. Success wasn't the issue, time together was and he loved going. If there were a bunch of other guys going, he stayed at home and cried because I left him. But when you have guys that the whole deal is how many birds they kill, I didn't need that around my boy. The I am superior hunter guys I won't hunt with anyway, way too much ego for me. My son learned ethics, conduct and enjoyment of being out. And if we happened to shoot something it was a plus. I didn't have anything to prove to anybody then and don't now. If the only group I hunt with is my sons and dogs, I am just fine with that. And the 2 guys THAT I WOULD hunt with when Keaton was little, loved having him along.
Gselkhunter