HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Adult hunters with disabilities
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 08:16 PM
NE OWL
Fork Horn

Default RE: Adult hunters with disabilities

all the chapters we are setting up will be doing at least one fundraising dinner a year as well as at least two events in their local community. The big difference is that when you do your dinner your chapter will receive 25% of the profits to help fund the events. Where before you were running around trying to figure out how you could do an event with minimal if any $$ from the chapters involved(if you could get a chapter involved which was not easy to do) as well as be expected to turn money in to national. We will have no jumping through loops and only being able to get a set amount for your events from a seperate state fund($250 in most cases thatIhad seen and only when a chapter was involved, Of the events(37) I did last year there were chapters involved in 5 and they had been doing the events before Wheelin' they just added a name to them). So that means I had to take care of everything from start to finish with 32 events in 7 states. Now we will have chapters and volunteers who will be able to setup events and have the funding to do so. If you have a great banquet you will haveplenty of Money for your events.

We are not about turkeys, deer, ducks , trout etc etc we are about providing opportunities and helping people with disabilities tobetter their quality of life and getthem outdoors having fun.

Any other questions feel free to PM me or call me