HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reduction of out-of-state fees
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 12:59 PM
hillbillyhunter1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reduction of out-of-state fees

I agree with spuddog. Perhaps this does seem like a good idea but it really has nothing to do with the land you hunt on, it has to do specifcally with the animal you are hunting and the state should definately have control of that.

I understand that price for non-resident tags do seem exhorbitant at times, but worse, I fear, is the federal governement, which does not have a stellar record for management, will make such a mess out of things, that affected states may start limiting non-resident tags in some other way, which would be at their discretion.

What would happen if the federal government started issuing universal tags to hunt any federal land throughout the U.S., but then later because of antis, decided that hunting was wrong altogether on federal land. I'm not saying this will be a direct result, but what I am saying is once the genie is let out of the bottle and federal government gets its foot in the door regarding hunting regulations, although initailly seeming like a good thing, will probably only get worse....probably a good idea to leave "hunting" instate control.