HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question about ATV use in WY
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 01:30 PM
pyclub1
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question about ATV use in WY

I personally have had it with all the atvs on public land...Here in WI they dont stay on the marked trails and in the county land they have steel bars across the roads that are marked for walking only and they go around the cross bars and tear everything up plus there are alot of people that use that land for bowhunting and since atvs arent allowed on these forest roads they(including myself) go off of them for bowhunting and then there hunt gets ruined by atvs and such....I dont believe that unless handycapped a person should be able to go even 1 foot onto public land unless marked for atv travel...People have gotten entierly to lazy these days...Thats why I have chosen some of the walk in areas for antlope, because it limits the people hunting and people arent supposed to use atvs in these areas..I own a 4 wheeler so dont think I am bashing atvists because I am not, I go riding every year with a bunch of guys and actually got into a fisticuffs with a guy in norther wisconsin last year because he was doing exactly what I have just been bitching about and he just laughed when I told him what I thought about it...Just as I have said here just in not as nice of terms...PLEASE respect other people and their decision not to use atvs and stay on the atv trails and off walk in only areas no matter what state you are in...Sorry to go off on this thread about something totaly different...Wont happen again just had to say my peace and i'm gone...