HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My eyes were opened.....Am I selfish?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 07:59 AM
hillbillyhunter1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My eyes were opened.....Am I selfish?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Nobody answered this question.

What is different in this scenario?

Tell me what the difference is in this scenario:

You get invited to a big time lease or outfitter to take a management buck. 8 points or less......3.5 yrs or more.

Are you gonna look that outfitter in the eyes and tell hm you'll shoot the 150" 2.5 yr old if you "want to"?

His lease/ranch. He can (obviously) shoot whatever he wants....but he has a need to cull a certain "class" buck.
An outfitter thatshoots his own big bucks himself is not an outfitter for very long

That's part of the difference.

I think it would be appropriate for an outfitter to put restrictions, even on what he would allow his friends to shoot, because that is his livelihood. He wouldn't tell them "no" because he wanted it himself. That's where I, IMHO, think the selfish part comes into play.

Still, I believe you have the right to tell them whatever you want, just as they have the right to tell you whatever they want in rebuttal, but ultimately the decision is yours whether they come or not. Just motive we're talking about here. Not legitimate action.