HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My eyes were opened.....Am I selfish?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 07:12 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: My eyes were opened.....Am I selfish?

Or maybe the bucks in your area don't like to eat your farmer Friends beans. I see no reason for you to place limits on what others shoot on land that you presently don't own.
This is what really bothers you, bawana, isn't it (that I don't own the land)? You have no idea of my relationshipwith the landowner. I've been friends with him for longer than I've been hunting his land. I hunt there and his family DOESN'T. I mow his family cemetery that abutts my property. I take him things form the garden. I help him mow the land. I helped him build one of his sheds. I ride his grandaughter on the ATV. I've offered to pay the taxes on the land.

I do these things....not because I hunt there....but because he's a man I admire.

So....even though your constant reference to land ownership has nothing to do with the scenario......I have the landowner's permission to hunt it as I see fit. He's told me he feels better knowing I'm there looking out for his interests.....and if it were for sale (at this time or any time in the future).....it's well-known that I am interested.

Again, though....NOTHING to do with the scenario.