HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - personalizing public land
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 01:42 PM
geterdun2

Default personalizing public land

hey all. well, unfortunately, i havent came across any private land to hunt this year, despite many attempts and knocks on doors, sending letters, etc,so i thought to myself i should start gettin ready for public land hunting once again this year. last year i had some friends land to hunt, but he lost it this year. i was wandering how you guys "personalize" your public land for deer hunting. i mean on private land, you can cut shooting lanes, put down some corn (before the actual season starts of course), put out game cameras. i mean if your hunting public land, scout and all, and come opening morning, walk to the area you know deer frequent, and then have to worry about which tree to hang your stand in for the day. sticks coming all out so its hard to hang the stand, it jus seems like it would be frustrating. what do you do to make public land feel more comfortable and personal to you so you know that on opening morning, you have a pretty good chance of atleast seeing deer. i hope this question makes sense lol, thanks alot fellas