HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I am not being a smart a--
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Philg

Default RE: I am not being a smart a--

I personally shoot animals that are atleast3 or4 (this is old in my parts). I try to go for the later or older. I sit and hear the pressure to kill at camp and have fell victem in past years but no more. I argue that if we all just killed what ever walked out we dont really care about the animal we hunt or our right to hunt. If we dont takemore responsibility than to just sloughter we are not true advocates of hunting atleast in my opinion. (I do agree that there are acceptions though.) But as I age I feel the need to leave things as they were or better for my son and daugter and thier children. Hunting to me is a life source and gift and I will continue to stand for hunting and hunters. Hope you all can understand and do not think that I am against anyone who shoots other than what Itry to kill!

My last compaintI guess is when one comes back to camp with a buck and it does not score more than 125 the guysjoke and pick and say its ok. To me a trophy is what you imagin it to be. I mean it took me till I was 35 to kill one over 135 and I am very knowledgable and do my homework. I hunt public land by choice not b/c I can not afford a lease. All of those who hunt public land know what I mean. Ill shut up now.....