HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guide Use
Thread: Guide Use
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 06:08 PM
fetzeriiif

Default RE: Guide Use

Early in asked a question. I told how I felt. I did not critisize anyone. I told that I understood the need for guides. All that Isaid was that I am more impressed by someone that achieves the same success without one. Whether you like it or not that is how I feel. I myself would even use a guide if were to go bear hunting in canada. If I did not my chances would be slim that I could find a good spot, get my bait placed, and have bear hitting it in the limmited time I would have available. With that said, would I have the same satisfaction doing it with I guide as I would if I were to go up with enough time and do it on my own? No way. I could say the same thing for a trip hunting elk, mule deer, antelope, sheep, etc. I might use a guide in many situations, and in every one of those situations I would be very excited and feel great pride in harvesting an animal. Does that mean I would not feel even more satisfaction if I were to do i entirely on my own, quite the opposite. I hunt riffle, muzzleloader, bow etc. Is it wrong of me to feel a greater sense of accomplishment in shooting a deer with my bow. According to you I should be ashaimed of myself for feeling this way. Is it wrong of me to be more impressed by the bear that my father in law got without a guide than the one my father shot with one? I am very happy for both of them but more impressed by all the work that went into shooting one without a guide. To be honest Iam pretty suremy dad feels the same way. He has come with me baiting a few times this year and he really enjoyed enjoyed it. I could also sense that he felt a little regret that he had not done this for his bear. You asked what if my dad had got one and my father inlaw had not. I would have been proud of my dad, and very proud of my father in law for trying it on his own. Like it or not thats just the way it is. I can't help that that is how I feel any more than you can think I'm an A*^ forfeelingit.
In the long run It shouldn't matter what I or anyone else thinks anyway. If a guided hunt is what they want or If they want to risk it alone, good luck to both of them.

Iamyourhuckleberry,
Question for you. Who should I ask for bear hunting advice, my dad or my father in law? Yeah, thats what I thought.