HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My eyes were opened.....Am I selfish?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 01:47 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My eyes were opened.....Am I selfish?

Jeff, i am sort of in the position of those guys. one of my professors has a deer problem(according to her...shes an Ecology and Wildlife Management professor so....) and asked anyone who wanted to take a doe to come talk to her. i did last year. only thing was she was across a highway from where i had a tag for. this season though, im getting a tag for her zone...she said to take does only.

i hear her land holds some nice bucks and a pile of them at that...it might kill me to not take a shot at one...but if i want to hunt her land i have to obide by HER rules. i would like to take a doe just to get one under the belt with the bow...and dad and i put no venison in the freezer last year so id like to get dad some sausage this year lol..maybe after i take a doe she will come back and say i can take a buck...who knows. maybe we will find out. shes a heck of a lady and really liked me...we will see...if not though, im still hunting under her rules. shes even nice enough to show us where to take stand. she said 1 guy came over last fall and it took him a couple hours because he showed up late at a wierd time...

i wouldnt think about breaking landowners rules..