HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My eyes were opened.....Am I selfish?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 01:44 PM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My eyes were opened.....Am I selfish?

I have 2 places with currentopen invites to go and shoot all the does that I can tag... Great areas - trophy managed... But, even though both landownerssaid specifically that I can shoot a big buck if I see it.... I know them, and I know that it would be a hot-button issueif I did. They protect their bucks for their family in rifle season, and I respect that.

So, with that in mind, I don't bowhunt there - even though I know I can. I'm just not about to pass up a 140" buck.

I choose not to put myself in a position to burn a bridge orcause hard feelingsover a deer carcass. That's just not how I roll.

So I keep in touch... Eventually, I'll get an unequivocal invitation to come out there and hunt however I wanna hunt and shoot what I wanna shoot- but until I can feel 100% comfortable in hunting on my own terms, and be 100% sure that nobody is gonna harbor any bad blood if I take out one of the big boys - I keep on politely declining.