HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guide Use
Thread: Guide Use
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 01:18 PM
early in
Giant Nontypical

Default Guide Use

Reading all of the replies from the "Big Name Guy's" thread, I hear the use of a guide mentioned, as if it's "cheating" of something. I think there is a Major misconception of at least some guides. People make it sound as if youare guaranteed to kill something because everything has been done for you,that's just not the case. Ithink what you're hunting playsthe biggest role in your success, as well as patience.Some animals are harder than others to access/kill. In other words, a herd animal will be easier than, let's say a solitary maturewhitetail buck, or a mountain goatto kill.
Another thing people need to realize is, if you're a non resident, you must have a guide/outfitter to hunt almost anywhere in Canada. Now, how would Ihave a chance to "scout" in Canada or any other out of state area. Also,how would I aquire permission to hunt these AWESOME farms that my guide gets me on? It wouldn't happen, so again here is where the guide comes in. In Alberta, my guide tells me what area tohunt, that's about it. I'm the one sitting in a treestand 12 hrs a day!Oh yea, he feeds and houses me for the week also. I respect the job a guide does, some are better than others but often they are a must. Thoughts?