HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My eyes were opened.....Am I selfish?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:58 PM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default My eyes were opened.....Am I selfish?

Around the shop I shoot out of.....there's a guy that's a real good 3D shooter....and a hunter....and we compete all season long on the range. We were talking about things over lunch....and I was talking about having a couple of guys I know over to help thin some does. He said he'd be glad to help.

Great!!

So...I told him...."you know it's strictly does, right"? OK...he says....but if a big buck comes through Im shootin him.

My shop owner is there, too.....and agrees with this guy (I'd already invited my shop owner to hunt a couple times with me, too). I'm totally flabbergasted. Am I missing something? Neither will get an invitation, now.

I can promise you.....if you asked me to (all these guys would be doing is either WALKING to my woods....or about a 2 mi. drive) come help you....I could either decline (with no hard feelings from you).....or accept (with no hard feelings from me).

You would have thought I'd pinched their wives on the ass with the reception I got at my "rule". Is this uncommon (what I am asking of them)?