HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big Name guys...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 09:51 AM
fetzeriiif

Default RE: Big Name guys...

Curt,
Thanks for your input. My comments were not meant to bash anyone. I realize that many of you have worked hard to get where you are, some maybe not. I also understand that there are legitamate reasons that most tv hunting is done the way that it is. I have no doubt that many guys, Miller, Shockey, etc. are extremely knowledgable. I just think that if I turn on the outdoor channel, which I garuanty I will,a large percentage of the people I will see were either big named fisherman that bought a hunting show or people that Ihad never heard of or read an article by, prior to seeing them on tv. Does that mean they aren't great hunters, No. But it leads me to believe they are more likely on the show because of the way they look, male or female, or because of their acting ability. I won't list shows or names, because I don't want to bash anyone.

As I said before, I love most of these shows. I don't care how they got on them, If the show is good, or sometimes not, I will watch it. I just think that, depending on how they got started, hunters that use guides for hunting every time have less credibility in giving advice than those that do the same thing but on their own.