HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - crimson talon xt (100 or 125 gr??)
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 08:20 AM
LebeauHunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: crimson talon xt (100 or 125 gr??)

Allright,

I am now qualified to chime in. I just bought Crimson Talon XTs and shot them this weekend.
Brucelanthier is dead on. In short, they rock.

(1) They flew exactly like my field tips. I only shot out to 30 yards, but I was hitting the
3" spot on the Block. I was really impressed with the flight. Had someone watching and said
trajectory was perfect. BTW, I shot 100 grain with 3 3" Blazers on GT XT Hunter 5575.

(2) The fact that they flew just like my field tips tells me they are not losing much KE.

(3) They are easy to take out of the target (a Block). As you pull them out they will rotate about
90 degrees. If you just let them rotate out it was about as easy to pull out as my field tips.

(4) The fact that it rotated about 90 degrees in a Block tells me it will do the same or likely
worse to a deer.

I know they look gimmicky and that is one thing that kept me from wanting to shoot them,
but they are a great flying head and I can't see how they wouldn't do some serious damage.

On the spin issue, I don't think they spin the arrow quickly like a Quick-Spin vane, but instead
create a slower rotation,
maybe that's why there appears to be little speed/energy loss. But I'm just speculating here.