HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 777 hangfires..........
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 04:22 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 777 hangfires..........

If those are standard CCI caps it does not surprise me you are having trouble with hang fires. I like the CCI magnum caps but their standard caps are a joke. I even wrote CCI a letter to that effect, telling them of the problems,but they never answered me.In the inline rifles like my White and Wolverine they seem to work. In side locksI have the same problem you are describing.

My first suggestion is get some better caps. The CCI magnums work good, and so do the RWS Dynamite Noble 1075. A last choice is the Remington caps for me. Also be sure you are using a stainless steel hot shot nipple.

Make sure the nipple is good and clear before you load the rifle. Normally you can clean it with a patch on the cleaning/loading jag. In the clean barrel work the patch down to the bottom of the breech bring it up a short distance and then start to pump that jag in the barrel. You will hear air escape through the nipple. That means it is clean and clear.

If you want to shoot the Triple Se7en you could try a simple duplex with the black powder. Dump 10 grains of Black powder down the barrel first, then your triple Se7en. The black powder, with the much lower flash point will be more incline to fire off from those CCI standard caps. Also make sure you pick the nipple between shots as the caps like to leave paper. Look at the nipple some times after you shoot and you will actually see inside cap paper blocking the hole.

Hope this helps... Or you can shoot black powder until you can get somewhere and get better caps..