HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Idaho reconsidering???
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Flatland Hunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Idaho reconsidering???

ORIGINAL: roundball
Here's a simple question, the answer to which is completely revealing:

What is the percentageof inline shooters whobought inlines for the purpose of setting aside their centerfire firearms to use their inlines throughout the entire firearms seasons, and not just the previously established muzzleloader seasons?
Well, roundball... here is one who has not hunted with a centerfire or a slug gun for 6 years...

I have used a "high-tech" White conical thrower mainly, I have also hunted with a Knight, Austin & Halleck (my firts ML), and this last year a couple of times with a Savage 10MLII... my daughter hunts with a "high-tech" White as well. I have never hunted with more than 125gns of powder ever... in fact I have done more hunting with 85gns of 777 2f and a 495gn conical than any other load. Why? Because they are accurate... oh, all are/were scoped and were used in every season I could carry them in here in IL. Why? Because they are more accurate than a slug gun... I even take my ML's to hunt with in AL when I go to visit family when I could use my .243...

I heard a quote today and it went something like this... Often wrong but never in doubt.

That about sums it up... couldn't help thinking of gander and roundball when I heard that.