HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - public land
Thread: public land
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 05:39 PM
huntnma
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: public land

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

I hunt public land as well. This year, I will be enhancing my chances by doing a few new things. First of all, I have spent some of the off season removing all of the trail markers from the trees, something I plan on doing throughout the season. Also, I decided to make some fake rubs. Not for the deer, but for the other hunters. I'm going to start putting them out about three weeks before bow season, right on the trails, and no more than 50 yards from the road.
notto start anything, but if i saw you on the wma i work on cutting into the trees , i'd have to have ya arrested, make sure it's legal before you go cutting on trees...dont really think its too ethical either, those folks are out there just like you , looking for sign and then you come along and give them fake sign to go on...i'd be pi$$ed.but what would pi$$ m eoff even more would be that i marked a trail and had some bozo come behind me and take em down, i can see you doing it in the off season, but not after season starts...Just go out, get as far away as you can and just enjoy the hunt, play the wind....youre making sound more like a job than a hunt......