HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Idaho reconsidering???
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 09:58 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Idaho reconsidering???

I could not agree more that you have the right to your opinion and I will defend that right of yours to the bitter end. Whether I support it so a few can benefit over the many is another story. Also it was not so much a personal attach to you as it was showing the holes in your logic.

And I'm sorry to say that your responses are the typical defensive mantra of those who want to continue using high performance inlines in the originally establshed traditional seasons...plus, to be clear,putting your textin red color doesn't make your opinion any more correct than anyone elses .
Nothing typical about the truth. It's just that, the truth. Your statistics were without merit. And your claims, while a few might actually fall into some of the category, were no where near the overall mass of inline shooters. You continue to spout high performance a lot when you know good and well that the majority of inline shoots do not shoot max loads. The loads they shoot are not mild by any means, they just get the job done with the best accuracy possible. And again you imply that inlines are taking over originally established traditional seasons. Here's your catch word. "traditional seasons." If it were a traditional season, inlines would not be permitted. States that want to reformat their current "traditional" seasons to allow inlines do so for a number of reasons. Game management, hunting fee collections, and fairness to all that want to enjoy the hunting outdoors.

If all the deer in Wisconsin were reduced to a point that the STATE determined in the best interest of the herd, muzzleloading season would be limited to traditional only weapons, I personally would not have a problem with that. I am sure a couple hundred thousand other Wisconsin hunters might though. And I guess you have to decide, do I support what is best for me or best for all. You be the judge.

The reason I put my text in red was when I originally answered your post, I was basically working off your first draft. To keep my part of the argument straight, and to help the reader follow the logic of the argument, I colorized the text to make it easier to read. Some people have trouble following large texts. I know I have gave up on a few myself. In no way was I trying to place an importance of my words over yours by color. Only trying to help the read follow the train of thought.

Here's a simple question, the answer to which is completely revealing:

What is the percentageof inline shooters whobought inlines for the purpose of setting aside their center fire firearms to use their inlines throughout the entire firearms seasons, and not just the previously established muzzleloader seasons?
What is the percentage of inline shooters who bought inlines and no longer use their center fires??? This is a trick question, right? I can't make a percentage guesstimation as that is stating statistics without any merit to them. Also I have no way of knowing that information as I do not on a regular basis visit every hunter in Wisconsin and ask them these all important questions.

Secondly, who cares? If it is modern season and they want to hunt with a center fire, that is legal last time I looked. In Wisconsin many inline hunters hunt the modern season because some areas due to different geographical oddities, are shotgun and muzzleloader only. They find a benefit over a 100-150 yard muzzleloader to a 100 yard shotgun slug.

Here's a simple question for you. What percentage of traditional shooters use their traditional rifles for all seasons. I am sure you do. But because a traditional shooter decided to use a center fire rifle in modern season, does that make him less traditional?

That is a question neither you nor I can answer and you know it. Your reason to post that was to I believe inflict the idea that center fires and inlines are equal. Which they are not. The offer still stands. Use any of my inlines, meet me on the range. I will have my Remington Woodsmaster semi automatic 30-06 and I will show you what a center fire rifle can really do at some outstanding ranges. Or if you like I will bring my 7mm mag and show you long distance that very few, I would guess inline muzzleloader could match.

Well Cay, I have an opinion and theright to voice it so any personal attack statements are wasted on me.
Well said, and as I mentioned it was not a personal attack on you, only the logic you tried to display to make your point. Never met you, sure your a great person.

Also this will end all of this extreme posting on my part. You know how I feel about the issue. So I invite all to let it die, work together for the sake of all, and enjoy the sport.