HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Idaho reconsidering???
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 09:48 AM
chuck41

Default RE: Idaho reconsidering???

Cayugad, you are right on! Fortunately in AR they have used a bit of reason about ML seasons of late. Must load by the muzzle . . . period.

If they want to make a additional "Traditional" season that only allows open sights and flintlock, or matchlock ignition, or smooth bore for that matter, that's fine with me. They used to allow only 1X scopes in AR, but now that restriction is removed as well.

With my age and advanced state of presbyopia a gun without a scope is about as useful as a duck in a cock fight. That is one of the reasons I recently bought my Savage ML10. Just couldn't see those open sights on my percussion sidelock and couldn't see spending the money to put scope mounts on that rifle.

I intend to use my Savage muzzleloader during the whole deer season, not only the ML part, but that is my choice and I don't bad mouth those who use their 7mm mag or M16 instead. That is the key. Unless we who want to use firearms are united the anti-gun nuts will get enough support to eliminate all gun use, not just the "other guy's sport".