HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cornfield tactics
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Roadkillwarrior
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cornfield tactics

ORIGINAL: WoodsStealth

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

Find out when they are going to harvest the corn and be ready to adjust quickly when they do. If the corn is still standing when you start hunting don't be surprised do see deer movement almost any time of the day. Find some of the areas the deer will usually fliter into the field from and post up around therewith the wind in your favor and be prepared to spend a couple of hunts just doing some recon.Also, between the corn and water asourceis often a good location early seasonas well. Once the corn is cut the deers comfortlevel usually drops. They will hit the corn hard after it is cutbutdon't be surprised if they go back to early morning late evening feeding.
You know what would surprise me? If you actually knew what you were talking about...........thats what would surprise me. "don't be surprised if you see deer movement almost anytime of the day" Tell me Mr. Tigger Suit" instead of a whole paragraph wouldn't a simple,
Deer like to feed early and late in tall or freshly cut corn.
As far as between the corn and a water source, its not like we hunt in the dessert, there are too many sources of water available to make a difference in stand selection. Game trails are the best indication of the routes the deer use to acess the corn.
And exacly who do you think you are!? Sound like a real ass hole to me. If you dont agree with what some one says, just let it be please.