HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - $200 to spend?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 01:06 PM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: $200 to spend?

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

I have never hunted using black powder, butseveral friendskeeps begging me to give it a try. I don't want to throw a whole lot of cash in case it isn't for me. Can I get a decent gun for $200?
Honestly the best option is to borrow a gun from one of your friends and see if you like MLing or buy a used gun, which you can get for as low as $100, usually at the end of the season. The powder, supplies, accessories is also going to run a $100 or so. Here is some links if you intend to buy new:

SELECTING AND BUYING MUZZLELOADERS:[*]Beware the First Year Models (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]Buying A New Muzzleloader? (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]How to Select a New Muzzleloader (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]Rating the Inline Muzzleloading Manufacturers (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]Recommended Muzzleloader Brands (Article by the G&S Online Staff)[*]Want to Buy an Inline? A Short History of Modern Inline Design (Article by Randy D. Smith)[*]What Makes for a Good Muzzleloader (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]What Muzzleloader Should I Buy? (Article by Randy Wakeman)

Best Wishes on your search. Chap Gleason