HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 45-70 bullets in a White
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 08:46 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 45-70 bullets in a White

ORIGINAL: MLKeith

This is for Cayugad. A while ago I think it was on the resources site that you mentioned using a Knight sabot with a 45-70 bullet that you cast. What is the sabot and what is the bullet. I cast also and would like to pick up the mold. I think you mentioned that it was a Lee. I would have responded but that site for some reason will not let me log on or post. I have contacted the site guys but they can't help. My T-Bolt is due tomorrow or the next day and still have not shot the Whitetail but have been on vacation in Washington State (much cooler than Phoenix). Now that I am back my business is way behind but will force a trip to the range as soon as it drops below 100 degrees. The length of pull on the Whitetail was short so I put a 1/2 inch spacer and a Limbsaver pad on and it is pretty close to perfect now.

[hr]

The mold I use is indeed a LEE mold. # 588362

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=588362

The projectile is supposed to weigh 405 grains but come out around 423 grains in pure lead form. They are based on the 405 grain Remington .457 diameter copper plated flat nose (which I used to shoot and caused me to buy the mold.).

I shoot them out of the .457-.458 MMP orange in color sabots. You used to find them on line under the Knight Brand. If you push that with 100 grains of powder, you have one massive chunk of lead going down range with excellent accuracy.