HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Alabama's 3-buck limit!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 05:39 PM
manuman

Default RE: Alabama's 3-buck limit!!!!

I'm not talking about only Alabama--and just so you know, I am all for these types of restrictions, and I do hunt in Alabama, as they are fair. I have hunted there 3 seasons and killed 2 eights, and a 9, along with about8 does--while passing on many yearlings.many states have a 1 buck limit and a very short season, so , no it does not eliminate that particular argument at all. It certainly isn't a matter of a parent not wanting to teach his kid, which really is taking what I said and bending it extremely. A father should be able to take his son out to hunt, with out being saddled with unnecesarry rules , but rather reasonable ,sensible, and fair to all involved guidelines to pass along,not ones that are only relatively recent in hunting's history and restrictive and overly stressing unneeded 'management' principles which serve only to suit the trophy only mentality and that are detrimental in the long run to the herd in general, eliminating many from the game who just want to enjoy hunting as it has always been. What can you not understand about not everyone being in th esame camp? We should be in the same camp as far as ethics, and law,and reasonable mangement,but these subjectively personal goals shouldn't be forced on all. Th elaw should reflect what is fair, reasonable, helpful to hunting being perpetuated, and beneficial to the deer herd in teh longrun, not someones added agnendas--which they can and still have the right to enjoy.