HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what to do?
Thread: what to do?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 08:38 PM
the bees knees

Default RE: what to do?

Another thing Kevin, since its your first year.. dont worry too much about what you see online or on TV about BIG bucks, just get your first deer out of the way. You dont want to put too much pressure on yourself to try to kill a B&C buck your first time out, believe me its not like that. Shoot whatever your happy with, I still get worked up during doe season just trying to reduce doe numbers... A first year hunter is either going to fall instantly in love with it or never do it again (at least enjoy it). Dont get your hopesup if you dont even see a buck, or if you dont shoot one this year. Sounds like you got a good friend in Tikka, listen to him if he has more experience, he can help you out a lot. Every hunter has a few secrets that they have learned over the years learning the hard way, so if he is willing to share some with you along the way, thats great.

If it gets in your blood, watch out!! You'll be like most of the other guys on this forum that count the minutes from season to season...