HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good instructions for Tiller adjustment/tuning?
Old 07-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Dryridge

Default RE: Good instructions for Tiller adjustment/tuning?

OK, I am not going to cut and past all this straight arrow. I agree with arrowman on this one. No need to bare shaft tune. Yes Screw in broadheads and paper tune using the rest IF everything was properly set before. Again I agree that Proper spine will shoot, improper won't.

Single cam....Does you cam feed the idler at the same time it takes up the buss cable.....are you sure. Make some marks and find out. If you have your buss cable too tight or loose it will not feed correctly due to higher preload on one side....either cable or string. It takes marks on both idler and cam to see it and you can't do it on the draw cycle, has to be on the release cycle. The mathews maxcam is well known for this and it is hyper prone to cable stretch.

As for bare shafts, do it if that is your method. But to me, It turned out to be a waste of valuable time with my family. It never made my BH's shoot any better than the method listed above. No harm, no foul, we can pleasantly agree to disagree.

Gods Blessings to you,

Dave