HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Permission to hunt
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 10:13 AM
geterdun2

Default RE: Permission to hunt

i actually did that this past wekeend, and will be doing it again this wekened. i went to talk to a farmer about possibility hunting his land, but when he said he didnt let anyone bow hunt the area (said it maimed animals [:@]), i imediately started wanting somewhere else to hunt. so when i left, i knocked on about 10-11 doors in the surrounding area. i simply knocked on the door (or alot of people were already outside) and put a large smile on and jus asked, looked them right in the eyes andsaid"how are you mam/sir, i was wandering if you would be interested in leasing some of your land for me to hunt". every one said no, but they werent ignorant or downgrading or looked at me like i was crazy. most said, with a smile, "its already leased" or "our family hunts it" only one guy gave me a stuck up "hell no" type of look. i see it like this, you will never see the person again, ever, so why care if they say no, or even "hell no you little sh*t get the hell off my property", either way its a no and you can move on to the next. all ya need is1 out of 50 to be successful, right? just that one yes will set ya up. so i say, find a general area where there alot of farms, land or whatever and jus go down the line, one after the other until ones a hit. i would have did alot more this weekend, but had other engagements. i plan to start around 11 am this saturday and go until i get myself some land. if i spend 5 hours knocking on doors, and get a hit after 5 -6 hours, or after 70-100 houses, my day will be extremely successful. sorry for the long post, just wanted to relay my observations since im in the same boat as you. like i said, all they can say is no, or hell no lol, either way you will never see them again in your life ,so who cares what they think. some people have that kind of personality, like my girlfriend, she wont even take cold food back to a mcdonalds because she embarrased to tell the person, me on the other hand, i will take everything back if its cold, b/c i dont care what they think and i paid for hot food, if they think im an a-hole b/c i want hot food, i dont care, i will never see them again and even if i do, it doesnt bother me. i just thought that was somewhat related, sorry for taking up a whole page lol