HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just scouted our new farm!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 10:08 AM
JohnnyLonghorns
Fork Horn

Default Just scouted our new farm!!!

Well, we purchased a new farm the first of Feb. I found 2 sheds on 200 acres and was very disappointed with my spring shed hunt on this property. In May, I'd been working my butt off trying to get some areas prepared for food plots and finally got them in around the middle to late June. I went out Sunday night to do a little scouting and while sneaking up to the first plot I noticed deer movement. To my surprise there were 3 deer...a doe, a 2 year old 3x3, and a large NON TYPICAL!!!! After shaking profusely for about 10 minutes I finally got my composure back and glassed the beauty! His left side was a very solid 5 point and the right was several antlers coming straight out of the base going directly north. There was no main beam, but each antler had several kickers. Had the right matched the left, I'd say he was between a 140-150 after velvet. I'm gonna get some game cams up this weekend and try to get a couple pics, but this was the first non typical I've ever saw in the wild and boy I can't wait for October 1 to get here!!!!!!!!