HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - my dog bit my daughter...
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Jackies768

Default RE: my dog bit my daughter...

i shouldnt have said i smacked the pup around and threw her in her cage because thats not really what happened.(and i never actually said that i smaked her around.)i was just angry at the time of the post. i said "NO" and thensmacked her nose (not hard) and put her outside! after she was outside for about half an hour i brought her back in and she went into the kitchen got a drink of water and went into her crate and slept. there is a hole that a ground hog made that roxie plays in all the time if i let her out back. thats why she is tired when she comes in. i have to put lattice up to cover it (its under my deck).

but anyway, yes she is crate trained. shes a good dog i just cant give her the pig ears anymore or i have to train her not to growl when she has them (which i can do). she gets very small dog treats when im training her. she knows how to sit, stay, and speak already. she is also house trained. i give her positive feedback all the time when she does good things! the only negative feed i give her is when she bit my baby and peed or pooped in the house. i am very good to my puppy. she follows every footstep i take and we love each other.

i think her biting my daughter was just an accident because Roxie was in her zone after chewing on the ear for so long and didnt realize what she did. i was angry because she hurt my daughter but now that i look back on it i know she didnt mean it. i have always fed her in the kitchen with the gate up so amber cant go in there. and Roxies crate is always open for her to roam in and out of, which she does. amber and Roxie just happened to be in the same room while roxie was chewing on the ear because i was making dinner and had to watch the both of them. i gave roxie the pig ear not knowing how she would react if amber touched her, being that i only had the pup for three weeks. and that was my fault, i shouldve pu the dog in her crate. but we all live and learn and that is that. everything has been fine since then.