HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - weak/stiff spline...proper arrow weight, all that good stuff.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Buck_Slayer
Typical Buck

Default weak/stiff spline...proper arrow weight, all that good stuff.

Well some of you may have read the post I have asking if my setup is ok. I went out lastnight and bought 5575 arrows at 28.5" planning on shooting 100 grain tips.

I keep finding charts across the internet that say I am just on the high end of being too close to shoot these arrows out of my bow. A Matthews Switchback XT set at 70 pounds with a 29" Draw Length.

The only chart that I am clearly off is from Gold Tips site. I was just wondering if maybe they over rate their arrows a little to cover their butts. Or am I just really wishing that I could shoot these arrows.

Is the main thing with a stiff/weak spline issues with tuning the bow? I am not trying to argue anybodies knowledge on this issue. Just simply trying to learn more about it. And for some reason the search function for these forums does not work for me.

Also, what should my total arrow weight be for a hunting situation? Thanks in advance for all the info. Hopefully you are all willing to share