HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A possible cure for bad broadhead shooting?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Pops423
Nontypical Buck

Default A possible cure for bad broadhead shooting?

Guys,

For quite some time I've been trying to get bettershots with my broadheads. They always seemed to sail left. I had a thread on here a month or so ago andI thought my draw and release were too long. After adjusting those and getting my broadheads to shoot wellfor a few days, I was back to the same issues again. So I was back to square one. Although, the bow does feel better in my draw, I still had my broadheads planing left.

When I had my bow at the shop and papertuned a year or so ago, it appeared I was torquing the bow and they changed my grip. But at home, I always seemed to go back to my bad habits.

My friend was having the same issue and we were talking about all the things I had done. He found this article from Spot Hogg that talks about shooting with a glove. So I thought, what the heck, I've tried everything else.

It seems to have worked for me. I've been shooting like this for over a week now and it really has improved my broadhead flight and shots. I figured I'd give it some time as most of my other fixes, have faded. I've shot both my bows and have really notice a difference with both (for the best).

I did notice it takes some getting used to shooting with the glove (especially how slippery it felt.) I noticed the grip hits on a different spot on my palm (more out toward my thumb)and maybe that was my issue all along. But I will be ready come October.

Ifound this to be a really good article and it appears to have fixed my problem. Just thought I'd share it and see if anyone else had thoughts (good or bad) on this.

http://www.spot-hogg.com/newsletter12.shtml