HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Military rifles.....
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 04:51 PM
eldeguello
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Military rifles.....

ORIGINAL: sonnys

I collect and shoot military rifles..I hunt with a k31 swiss....sweeeeet rifle and very accurate...what military guns do you all collect?
I don't COLLECT military rifles, but over the years I have owned (and used) Swedish Mausers, a Norwegian Krag, a 6.5X50 Japanese Type I (an ItalianMannlicher/Carcano made for the Japs by Mussolini, but chambered for the Japanese service cartridge and having a Mauser 5-round staggered-box magazine), an M1 Garand, a 1903A3 Springfield, a No. 4 SMLE, an M1 Carbine, four military Mausers from Chile,Venezuela, and Mexico (all 7X57mm); an M1891 Mosin-Nagant, a M/N 1891/30, a 1940 Tokarev 7.62X54R semi-auto, two SKS's, and two M 1903 Greek 6.5X54mm Mannlicher Schoenauers. The two best rifles out of this bunch were the Venezuelan M1924/98 7X57mm Mauser (an FN), and the Norwegian Krag. I still have the FN 7X57mm Mauser but not the Krag. I really liked that Krag, however! The Norwegians are much stronger than the U.S. Krags.

Gee, I guess that's it. Total, 19 military rifles. The only one I ever hunted with was the Norwegian Krag. It was deadly on New Mexico mule deer!

That K-31 is an excellent rifle. I may get one some day!