HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who has made "Home-made Scent killer?"
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Dunezilla

Default RE: Who has made "Home-made Scent killer?"

This scent killer that you all are talking about truly does work. When Iread about this scent killer last fall, well,I jumped right to it. My friends if you lived up here in Edmonton, Alberta and you saw the cost forsome scent killers....you to might want to consider an alternitive. This home made solution that you are referring to is cheap to make....($1.45 cnd) . Why spend up wards to $13.00+ for "brand name stuff", when this home made stuffs works just as well...if not better.

You already mentioned the amount of ingredients:
2 cups of 3% hydrogen peroxide
2 cups of distilled water
1/2 cup of baking soda ( I warm up the distilled water to disolve it)
1 ounce of unscented shampoo or unscented laundry soap

First I warm up the distilled water, then I put in the baking soda, then the peroixde, and lastly the unscented shampoo, ( or unscented soap)

Remember to put it into a 1-gallon jug with the cap loosely on to let the gases escape. About 5 days should work.

I shared this formula with others up here and they truly liked it...they said "I got closer to deer with this formula than any other time"
"I agree with you Dune it works"

Another formula that some have used is to go to your favorite hunting spots and gather up...twigs, leaves, dirt, and anything else that you want to add from the area... and bring it home. Then add this stuff to a gallon of distilled water and bring it to a boil, then poor the solution into a potthrough a strainer,and then add 2 cups of peroixde. You might want to add rubbing alchohol to kill any bacteria.