HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DREAM SEASON - Goodbye Pennsylvania goofs hello BRITNEY!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 09:41 AM
HuntingBry
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DREAM SEASON - Goodbye Pennsylvania goofs hello BRITTNEY!!!

ORIGINAL: RackLuster

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

On a side note........I own all the newest hunting videos for 2007 EXCEPT last year's "Dream Season" . I don't have dish and haven't seen a single episode, so is it worth spending $13 on to watch?

I have heard about the PA Team here and there and have been curious to see what all the fuss is about.

I know I could hand pick a PA Team that would represent us professionally and yet with a certainentertainment value.
Matt - As much as I usually love Drury videos/TV I would reccomend not buying last year. It's depressing. Every week I watched hoping it would be different. They intentionally tried to create drama and stress the fighting. There was more catfighting then a season of some daytime soaps! It really was about the catfighting and not about hunting. It also wasn't just the PA team. Illinois was bad, Minnesota guys pretty much ended the season not talking to each other - they never hunted together outside of the all team hunts. Texas was the only team that escaped that show w/ some dignity.

This season looks a lot better. The teams are more interesting (even though they are almost all pro's or work in the industry in some way). The fact that a couple of the girls are cute doesn't hurt either

There are actually people out there that can't get the outdoor channel? Oh you sorry soles! How do you survive the off season, seriously[:-]? I don't know what I would do w/out the outdoor channel and tivo. I have about 6 shows to watch from Tuesday. Can't wait for the new gettin close!

By the way, the buck Vicki shot on Archer's choice was incredible!! I saved that episode, she was literally speachless when she walked up to the buck. 200" does that to a person.
Matt, I'll second that. I did buy it and wish I hadn't. RackLuster is right about the teams. Team PA represents the smoking, drinking, slob mentality a lot of PA hunters have. They do put in the time and take the biggest bucks of the season, but they also shoot little ones in pure PA style after being told not tobecause "it's a trophy to me." Team IL thinks they are God's gift and frankly didn't impress me. Team MN isn't really a team. Team KY looks down their nose at everyone else and are supposedly great hunters, but can't put a buck on the ground. Team TX were some good people and stayed out of the bickering for the most part and were probably the inspiration for this season.

I tell you what, we're not that far apart. Maybe we can meet at Cabelas in Hamburg or something and I can let you borrow it or something if you really want to see it. It is entertaining, but not worth purchasing. Let me know if you're interested and we'll figure something out.