HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many pins do you prefer??
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 10:06 AM
mobow

Default RE: How many pins do you prefer??

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

flyfish, one other thought on why I use that color combo in that order... not only what I wrote above, but that's also the reverse order the pins start to "wink out" on me... I lose visibility of red first in low light, then yellow and finally green. As it gets darker and darker in the woods, my pins go out as my effective range decreases... leaving me with my brightest pinat the smallest distance I can see at the end of my hunt. It's a perfect marriage.
You know Greg, I first read that and thought......"I do believe he's over-analyzing this just a wee little bit..."

Then I thought about some more.....That makes pretty good sense. As it gets dark, your effective range dissipates anyway due to limited light, and heck, you don't need that pin anymore anyway.......It's the minute, teeny weeny details we just wouldn't think about that sometimes burn us......How aggravating would that be to wait all year for a shot at a bruiser only to finally get it on the last day of season and not be able to see your 20 yard pin.....But by golly there's my 40 glowing bright......

Of course, I shoot a single pin slider that's green......