HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - would you enter a p&y?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2003, 11:30 AM
Squirrel Mudman

Default RE: would you enter a p&y?

Here is my two cents.....I personally see value in the Pope and Young and their record keeping process. On many occasions I have flipped through the pages of the P&Y record book looking for trophy hotspots that someday I hope to visit. The foundation and bylaws of the organization may not be agreeable to everyone but it is an organization that you may choose or not shoose to become a part of. Many times hunters build their ego on top of a P&Y score and fail to see the true value of the club. To date I personally do not have an animal registered in the P&Y record book but will have one soon. I'll register the animal because it is a great representation of the specie for the area in which I hunteed and I think it should be duly noted.

On the other hand, I have a friend with ~90+ P&Y class animals to his credit and has his name listed only once in the book. He has accomplished what most famous bowhunters/writers base their careers off of and he doesn't want to make it public. Heck, with all that he's done its sometimes diffuct to get a good hunting story out of him. Its not that he doesn't respect the organization, he owns every record book, it just that he doesn't see the purpose of registering the animal I guess.