HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New hunters and affordable gear
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 01:20 PM
cascadedad

Default RE: New hunters and affordable gear

This is a great topic. In short, ya do what ya gotta do. The internet makes it tough to keep this in perspective sometimes when young guys or even older guys for that matter get into hunting. See all the fancy guns, clothes, electronics, etc., etc., that EVERYONE else seems to have.

When I got married, I had a little stuff, but not much. I just bought a little at a time and made due with what I had. Remember, it's not about the stuff, it's about the experience. You don't need all the top of the line stuff to have the experience.

When I started raising kids, things got put on hold. My family comes first, WAY before my enjoyment of fishing and hunting. I have a 15 y.o. son and he loves all this stuff, so it has given me the opportunity/excuss, to get back into it. But, to be honest, when he is out of the house and possibly moves away andthe younger kids are his age, if they don't like hunting, my hunting days will go on hold again. Who knows what I will be doing, maybe going to ballet recitals, or whatever it might be. To me it is not MY wants above anything else. Kids come first.