HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - IS IT ILLEGAL TO HUNT FOODPLOTS IN PENNSYLVANIA?
Old 01-22-2003, 06:16 PM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: IS IT ILLEGAL TO HUNT FOODPLOTS IN PENNSYLVANIA?

Javlja and BM

You are right about the lure thing a Few years back. We can thank Bob Kirschner for clearing that up. He asked the PGC in writing years ago when he gave up his regular job whether scents were legal because the law was very ambiguous then as well. The PGC responded in writing then that scents and lures were OK. Then they did a 180 and said they weren't. Kirschner immediately sued them for over a million and that BS went away real quick!

I believe that there is/was something in the game code making planting food that was "part of normal agricultural practices" OK.

The one thing I wouldnt do is just ask your WCO. They are human and have their own interperetations too. The only way to get an answer to something not "black and white" is to ask in writing and get a written response in "black and white" directly From Harrisburg.

PS: I got the Kirschner story directly from him. This is not a second hand heresay story!

Member of NRA, BASS, Buckmasters and Life member of UBP.........Kill a big doe, Let the little bucks grow